Recording ServicesRobert Aronstein specializes in live recording. This means capturing your solo or group performance in a public performance setting, or performing your material live in a studio. Rob also works on full scale studio recording projects. See client listing below for more on projects Rob has produced and engineered.
Rob also performs and records acoustic piano, Hammond Organ, vintage Rhodes and Wurlitzer piano, synthesizer, bass, and drum/percussion tracks for your recording project. Often this service is provided remotely - Rob adds parts to your project provided via File Transfer on the web and returns his completed tracks to you for use in your project. See client list below for more on projects Rob has contributed tracks to.
Rob Aronstein gets high praise in Recording Magazine!
Rob is proud to have partnered with pianist and composer Dave Gleason, co-producing, recording and mixing his band Sensemaya's CD, "Shake It!" Prominent recording industry publication Recording Magazine featured a track from the CD, Cha-Cha Sensemaya as their September 2010 Spotlight. Reviewer Marty Peters gave the song a five-star review, and concludes by stating, "This is how it's done!"
Read the review and listen to Cha-Cha Sensemaya.
Clients and Credits
Clients and credits include
- Recording and mix engineer, and co-producer for Latin Jazz band Sensemaya's studio CD, "Shake It!"
- Live sound, recording and mix engineer for The Chandler Travis Philharmonic
- Recording engineer for Keith Pray's Big Soul Ensemble CD, "Live at the Lark Tavern"
- Live sound, recording, mix, and mastering engineer for The Al Haugen/Don Egry Collective CD "Live at The Van Dyck"
- Live sound, recording and mix engineer for Jazz Factor live demo recording
- Recording and mix engineer for Art Of War live demo recording
- Recording engineer, piano and organ for The Providers live video demo recording, and piano and organ for their studio CD "Free Range Boogie"
- Piano and keyboards on Mitch Frasier's studio CD, "Dreamer or a Fool"
- Piano and Hammond Organ on The Alan Payette Band CD, "APB"
- Producer, piano and organ on The Charlie Smith Blues Band CD, "Hardly Ever Blue"
- Recording and mix engineer, producer, piano and organ on The Charlie Smith Blues Band CD, "Steppin' Down Blues Lane"
Flat Rate Live Recording Packages:
Imagine recording your live performance with a quality level and post-recording mix production of a recording studio! Robert Aronstein offers up to 24-track digital recording on location in a nightclub, concert venue, coffeehouse, home, or studio. Hourly rates or flat-rate packages are available.
- Packages priced according to track count & duration.
- Record 2 to 24 tracks at up to 44kHz/24bit, 48kHz/24bit, 88kHz/24bit, or 96kHz/24bit
- 3 hours total recording run-time = a typical 4-hour club date
- 2.5 hours set-up
- Basic mix of all recorded material includes
- EQ and effects per channel as needed
- Each musical segment or song trimmed/faded at start and end
- CD quality .wav and mp3 of each cut
- Basic mix provided within one week of recording date
This recording package provides high quality demo tracks suitable for distribution on a demo CD or via your web site. Depending on your performances, you may have material suitable for a full CD release. Even if your performances are not suitable in their entirety, you can use edited cuts of your best material.
For an example of what you may expect, check out the audio files on The Trio page of this site. These tracks were all recorded on live club dates.
Package rates start at just $200
Hourly rate recording: $40
Hourly rate mixing: $40
Recording & Live Sound Mixer, Mics, Software
- 2 Earthworks SR40V High Definition super-cardioid handheld condenser
- 2 Earthworks QTC1 Omnidirectional condenser
- 3 Earthworks SR20 small diaphragm cardioid condenser
- 2 Shure KSM 44 multi-pattern large diaphragm studio condenser
- 2 Shure SM94 small diaphragm cardioid condenser
- 3 Shure 300 vintage bidirectional ribbon
- 1 Shure 330 vintage unidirectional ribbon
- 1 Shure 333 vintage bidirectional ribbon
- 2 Shure Beta 58 dynamic
- 2 Shure SM58 dynamic
- 4 Shure SM57 dynamic
- 2 Electro Voice RE20 large diaphragm cardioid dynamic
- 1 AKG C5 handheld condenser vocal mic
- 1 AKG D5 handheld condenser dynamic mic
- 1 Electro-Voice 664 vintage cardioid dynamic
- 1 Oktava ML-17 vintage bidirectional ribbon
- 2 Rode NT1 large diaphragm condenser cardiod ultra-quiet
- 2 Rode NTR modern bidirectional ribbon
- 2 Rode M5 small diaphragm condenser
- 1 Shure Beta 52 large diaphragm dynamic kick drum
- 2 Audio-Technica Pro-42 boundary small diaphragm condenser
- 1 RCA 44BX vintage bidirectional ribbon - the undisputed king of microphones
- 1 RCA BK11 vintage bidirectional ribbon - the pnnicale of RCA ribbon mic technology
- 1 RCA SK-50 Varacoustic vintage multi-pattern ribbon
- 4 RCA 6203 Varacoustic vintage multi-pattern ribbon
- 1 RCA 74B Velocity Junior vintage bidirectional ribbon
- 1 RCA Type 50A antique inductor microphone omnidirectional
- 1 Amperite SR-80 antique bidirectional ribbon
- Apple computer running
- Logic X
- Propellerhead Reason 7
- Sibelius 7
- Native Instruments B4II, Akoustik Piano, Electrik Piano, Pro 53
- Modart Pianoteq physical modeling piano
- Arturia CS80V
- Garage Band
- Allen & Heath Qu-16 16 Channel digital mixer/audio interface
- 16 channels + 2 mix channels recorded directly to USB hard drive
- 16 channels + 2 mix channels recorded simultaneously to Apple computer
- Up to 7 individual monitor mixes available
- 4 Effects per channel available
- All channels have compressor, gate, and fully parametric EQ
- All main and monitor sends feature compression, parametric and graphic eq.
- M-Box 2-Pro Digidesign ProTools interface
- Other Ouboard Gear
- Focusrite ISA Two Dual Mono Mic Pre
- 1 channel 1176 Rev F FET compressor clone (Hairball)
- 1 channel PreSonus tube-based Mic Preamp
- 1 channel 1176 compression
- 4 discreet monitor mixes available
- multiple sets of headphones
- 8 Channel balanced signal 100' Snake with 4 returns
- 16 Channel balanced signal 100' Snake with 8 returns
- Large selection of microphone stands and mounting options
- Decca Tree
- Stereo bars
- 2 heavy duty tall mic stands - up to 25' vertical extension
All mixing and microphone equipment listed above is available. In addition:
Rates dependent on location and duration of event.
- Tannoy PA system
- 4 Tannoy V8 dual concentric high-mid, FOH
- 2 Tannoy V15 subs, FOH
- 2 Tannoy Power V8 self powered speakers for additional fill or monitor
- 2 QSC K8 powered speakers for FOH, additional fill or monitor
- up to 7 stage monitor mixes
- DBX Driverack speaker processor
- DBX AFS 24 anti-feedback notch filter for monitors
- 32 band graphic EQ for discretionary use
- Light Tree & Spot